Tuesday, October 30, 2012

grace

i'm finally learning not to question
no one but you knows your intention
my God you are good
my God you are great
for you i should
for you i will wait
quiet, alone, covered in your grace
seeking you in my secret place
you know no bounds
for the edge of your glory
you're the beginning and all ending
Lord you're our whole story
when i pray and want to question
i remember you know your intention
my God you are good
my God you are great
for you i should
for you i will wait
quiet, alone, covered in your grace
God i'm running to my secret place
for you i'll go, so it's you i'll know
for you i'll wait, because you are grace
Lord i'll run, i'll run to my secret place
thank God i've found your saving grace
 
now someone teach me to play the guitar so that i can put a little tune behind this. ;) 

after going through a VERY trying time in my life over the past few month, and being saved by the grace of God in the midst of it, my relationship with Him has become very strong. i rest in the peace of knowing that He will love me no matter my past-when you turn your life over, you are redeemed and have a new chance to be the person you were created to be. i hope everyone can feel this at some point in their life! even when you feel convicted, know that is is out of love, not disappointment-He just loves us and wants a righteous life for us! my problems are no longer mine and it's not about how big my problems are, but how BIG my God is and that He will give me the knowledge and tools to make it through anything that comes my way and every test which with i'm faced. it's the most comforting and reassuring feeling i've known and one you can get from NO human! 

i think we all wonder sometimes why we have been faced with the challenges we have been given-past and present. well, first, know that you are not given anything you cannot handle. i have realized that everything we experience is mean to help. meant to help us in the future, meant to help us gain strength, meant to help us learn to lean on our Lord and no one else, meant to help others, meant to help tell our story, and in my experience, meant to help realize what a life and heart changer our God is.

i have found my mind occasionally wandering to a place that wonders how some people were so lucky to have given their life to Jesus so early: 12 years old, 15 years, and so on. why couldn't i have been one of those kids that loved Jesus nonstop and wanted to live for Him? why was i living for myself and even though i wanted to help others, never seemed to get anywhere? but now i see that God's timing is spotless and He is faithful. some people are lucky to find Him at 60 years old, and He loves us all just the same and is only glad we came home. if you don't feel like you are walking into His arms, into his safehouse, you may want to try a different road, because there is so much more love, possibility, mercy, opportunity and grace to be had!



No comments:

My photo
meet me somewhere between reality and all we ever dreamed, United States