Tuesday, October 30, 2012

hope and a future

for I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. you will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.” Jeremiah 29:11-14

what powerful and carefully chosen words! i feel like they were set aside specifically for me right now. of course they were, because every little detail is in God's plan! the reason i am thinking about this is because i am trying to figure out which mission trip will be my first! i cannot wait and i know that this coming year is going to be the first of many that God uses me to shed His light on darkness and give His hope to the hopeless! this is what i am supposed to do, i can feel it.

now the question is where do i start?! Avery is going on a trip to Nicaragua in March (not with highlands) and i may join her on that, i will pray about it and decide after i get more information from her about it--right now i pretty much know only that it is happening, haha.

i hear people say all the time how our government is so worried about other nations while we have colossal problems here at home. i'm split between that. even our homeless are better off than some in third world countries. but with both of these things comes responsibility and anointing. starting locally, i pray that the things that you read here will stir your heart and encourage you and know that there are things you can do that don't cost money or travel costs! how much easier does it get than that? every first and third saturday our dream center holds events in birmingham that anyone can help with, even kids. that stopped me for a long time, because i didn't know what i would do with kinley all day. the good news is a lot of events have your kiddos help too! and their sweet and sassy selves will surely brighten someone's day. :) you can read more about my local intentions in my second post. i also plan to go on a mission trip to atlanta, where there is another dream center, before taking on any out-of-country-mission.

now to the meat of it: i have narrowed my mission trip for next summer to either Afirica (Ghana) or Guatemala (San Cristobal). i have A LOT of praying to do to figure out which one is the right place to go! they are both similar missions, working in schools, with kids, spreading God's word, church planting, leadership training. although i have no doubt that i will come out changed for the better from either one. i already know almost a year in advance that God is going to move like never before through everyone involved! the trip to Ghana is much more costly, at a little less than $3,000. Guatemala is only $1,300. i plan to put in most of the money myself and hopefully will receive donations and lots of blessings as well. that leaves me with about 4-5 months to save up. i am going to be living as minimally as possible (except getting the couple of things on my importance for happiness list in previous post), no more buying lots of clothes i don't need, or nail polish or house decorations for a big house i don't and won't have to fill up with STUFF. i'm sure by now that you are seeing these different things tying together (i hope) just as i have seen my thoughts, past and future intertwining and starting to make sense to me.

 i am just so grateful that i am only 24 and know God has a great plan for me to live out in His name! i am trying not to worry about the money, because once i know the right choice it will all work out. here's how i know:

"and my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus." Phil 4:19

my prayer for you is that you are shaken and moved to do for others as Jesus has done for us! WE have the same in us as in Him! it is a reality that if we only show up and help with earthly things and don't build relationships, show love and the spiritual, then nothing is gained! serving our Lord and others should be done to meet a physical need and show God's undying and forgiving love through our actions. amen, end preach. :)

No comments:

My photo
meet me somewhere between reality and all we ever dreamed, United States